Residents may be Evicted For Feeding Stray Cats

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Residents at a senior living facility may be evicted for feeding a stray cat colony that lives in the woods at the back of old Hickory Towers.

"they may be innocent! Who did they damage? They don't hassle anybody, study my babies!" Patricia Williams stated.

Williams summoned the cats from the woods, and he or she has named dozens of them.

"Oh my goodness! what's the love between them? is never it beautiful? this is what makes my life," Williams talked about.

Williams mentioned she now feeds the cats on an adjoining property that belongs to Metro Davidson County. recently, she bought a letter announcing she should stop feeding stray animals.

"here is my lifestyles. Who am I hurting?" Williams talked about. "What grownup am I harmful with this love of mine? I have so plenty like to give, I cannot even inform you how plenty love I actually have in my heart for animals and children."

Animal advocates with Nashville Cat Welfare Coalition are attempting to aid. They contacted Metro Animal Care and handle who trapped, neutered, and launched a majority of the cats via their partnership with the Pet community center.

"every time we communicate to people within the govt, this challenge is passed around like a scorching potato, and then for some purpose, there tends to be reluctance to admit that this software exists and that the city has any responsibility," Denice Heatherly stated.

Williams pointed out she's scared and doesn't want to flow.

"I do not are looking to lie, cheat, or steal, it is now not my method, however I can't let them die!" Williams observed. "Gracie has already died. one in all them have died as a result of we didn't feed her for every week, and she or he became a baby!"

Williams said she hopes all and sundry can come to a solution soon. Residents want to satisfy with administration at historical Hickory Towers to discover a means to preserve the stray cats protected and off the property. We reached out to the the supervisor as well as Freeman Webb, the house owners, however we haven't heard back yet.

Comments

Popular Posts